Skip to content

Dude! You’re A Plumber!

January 13, 2009
(Jim Young/Reuters)

(Jim Young/Reuters)

Excuse me while I get on my soap box for this post, but I honestly don’t understand this.  We first heard from “Joe the Plumber” as he approached Barack Obama and asked him questions on the campaign trail this summer.

Now we are still reading about this guy because he has been hired as a war correspondent to “report” on the war in Israel.  Let that sink in for a minute.  Surely, his employer realizes that HE IS A PLUMBER!  Then again, maybe it was a brilliant move on the small conservative media outlet who hired him.

Because he was given this opportunity, Joe the Plumber’s thoughts are now front page news on…

CNN http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/01/12/joe-the-plumber-ban-media-from-war/

and

MSNBC http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28625632/

Am I out of my mind or is this absurd?

Advertisements
7 Comments leave one →
  1. January 13, 2009 12:00 pm

No, you are well within your mind on this one. Thi is just another classic example of celebrity over… well, anything really! It doesn’t matter if you can’t type, don’t own a suit, or haven’t even taken a yearbook class (let alone a journalism class), if you are in your 15 minutes of fame, you too can be a nationally acclaimed journalist!!

It’s along the same question of, “Why is Paris Hilton famous?” I don’t understand society… I’m just living in it.

2. Tim permalink
    January 13, 2009 1:15 pm

I can just see it now: (Movie Trailor Voice) – Asks the tough questions; Gets the real answers – Joe the Plumber reports on the issues you care about most straight from the war zone in Gaza.

3. Virago permalink
    January 13, 2009 2:21 pm

He knows about Pipe Bombs, Mike!..DUH!

4. Mike High permalink*
    January 13, 2009 3:50 pm

@John L. Yes, our society is messed up.

@Tim Sad thing is that has probably already been recorded.

@Virago – That is really bad!

5. Amy High permalink
    January 19, 2009 9:44 am

Alright, i have to break my silence for this one. I actually like the idea of him reporting on this story, or whatever current event story is out there. It gives a totally different perspective than what you will ever get with your typical reporter, (one of the everyday “Joe”).
    Personally i am a slight bit cynical of what gets shoved down our throats everyday with what others call news. I am a sucker for people who will put themselves out there for something they believe in, knowing that they will be raked over the coals.

6. Tim permalink
    February 4, 2009 11:49 am

Amy, jou like him because he looks like a relative of ours. Just admit it.

BTW: He’s now a political consultant: “Fresh off his stint as a war correspondent in Gaza, Joe the Plumber is now doing political strategy with Republicans.”